Click Play button
- Issuing Assignments
- Editing Assignments
- Unassigning Assignments
- Edit Section
- Edit Student Section
- Assignment Summary
User Permissions Required (contact your BestNotes System Administrator for user permissions):
To navigate to the Grade Book, drop down the box labeled View and select Grade Book.
To issue an assignment:
- Hover over the assignment and click the green arrow icon, this will a issue the assignment for all students enrolled in the class.
- Click on the box under each student's name (Turns Green).
To unassign this from a student before saving, click on the area that corresponds to the student and assignment (turns white), then click Save.
If the assignment has been saved and needs to be canceled and removed from the student's grades, make sure there is no grade for this assignment, re-open the assignment window, and click on the area that corresponds to the student and assignment until it turns red, then click Save. The assignment will still display in the Grade Book until the week is refreshed (e.g. click on the green arrows in the upper-right).
There are three ways to grade an assignment:
- Click on the red target icon that appears when hovering the cursor over the assignment, then enter the grades.
Click on the "Grade" link under the date the assignment was assigned, select the assignment, and then enter the grades.
- Click on the block under the correct date and for the desired student in the calendar, then enter the grades.
After entering the grades, the user has the option to post these grades to the student's activity log by checking the log box.
To take attendance, click on the Attend link under the date that attendance is being taken.
In the next window four options for marking attendance will be available
- P = Present
- T = Tardy
- A = Absent
- E = Excused
An area to write down comments is available (e.g. second absence). Also, the user has the option to post the day's attendance and comments to the student's activity log.
- Choose the section needed for editing from the section drop down box.
- Click on the grade book icon in the upper left hand corner.
From this area you edit the weights given to the different types of class work, and change the credit value for this section.
||Whenever changes are made here that need to be applied to all students, be sure to check the "Apply Defaults to All" checkbox, otherwise these changes will not be applied to any students.
Editing Student Section
- Click on a student's name
- From this area the user can edit
- When the student attends class
- The start and end dates
- The class work weights
- Extra credit (in the TermOverride)
- Enter objectives
- Report card comments
- This is also the area to mark the term grading complete.
Viewing Student Assignment summary
To view a student's assignment summary:
- Hover over the student's name
- Click on the plus icon that appears to the right of the student's name.
This area will show a summary of the student's attendance as well as all the grades for assignments that have been assigned.