If you receive this message:
Step 1: Restart your computer.
If that does not work ...
Step 2: Go to your computer profile reset steps below. NOTE: If you are unsure what your company's SITE ID is please contact your onsite system administrator.
Sometimes issues arise on a single machine that requires a fresh start with the BestNotes Client. This can be done without uninstalling / reinstalling the Client.
Step 1 - Server credentials needed after reset:
Server Name/IP: crm.bestnotes.com
Site ID: (Contact your onsite System Administrator)
Step 2 - Close / Stop BestNotes:
Sometimes BestNotes stays running after closing
To ensure that it is closed properly:
Step 3 - Find the Search Engine:
- (Windows 10) click in Cortana search box (bottom left and by Start icon)
- (Windows 8.x) bring mouse to the bottom right of the screen. Choose the magnifying glass to open Search.
or Click on the Windows icon (Taskbar / Keyboard) and start typing.
- (Windows 7 & Vista) Click on the Start button
- (XP) press and hold the Windows Key and R
- In the above versions, type %appdata% in the search box (Windows 10 will display a folder. Click on Folder)
- Hit Enter.
- An Explorer window will open.
- Look for and delete the GHA5 folder.
- If the GHA5 folder is NOT listed it may be under the Roaming Folder (don't delete the Roaming folder).
- Under roaming, find the GHA5 folder and delete the GHA5 folder