Click Play button
User Permissions Required (contact your BestNotes System Administrator for user permissions):
BestNotes has three consents that are standard federal consents. These can have up to 35 fields, which your System Administrator discusses with a BestNotes Implementer. The consents are Standard, Payer and Court-related, and can be used to receive permission to release information.
If a user has the Add Consents permission, they will see the Add Consent dropdown next to the related contacts name.
- Click the Add Consent dropdown
- Select either Standard, Payer or Court-related
This will log you, as the user, out of BestNotes
The consent form will open automatically for the client to fill out the type of information and purpose for release
- The client clicks Save and Sign, which prompts the client to enter their 4 digit PIN number.
- At this point, the user has to log back into BestNotes.
- Blue - pending a signature
- Green - Active
- Red - Revoked
- NOTE: Revokes must be done manually and within the specified date.
- The blue Pending Contact Signature is applied to the consent icon
- The consent form list for the related contact states Pending for that consent
- The client's activity log shows the Signature Required button on the consent log entry
NOTE: See Customizing Consents below.
Related Contact (Parent) Signatures
- Select a Consent on the Client's Profile (Face) page.
- The User will be logged out.
- In the consent, select the Related Contact from the upper left
NOTE: If only the Related Contact (Parent) Signature is required, click on the trash can (Delete) next to the Client's name.
As a BestNotes User, click Save and Sign which will do one of the following:
- Client can then add their 4-digit ePIN signature in person (when left on as a required signature)
- The consent will close
The Related Contact can sign in two ways:
- On the Client's Activity Log, click on the Globe icon (for more information, Click HERE) and select the Related Contact. The Related Contact will be able to digitally sign on the company's portal.
- Navigate to the Related Contact's Profile (Face) page and have them digitally sign in person
To do any customization, have your company's onsite BestNotes System Administrator create a ticket on this website. All 3 BestNotes' Consents can be configured.
Consent TitleThe consent Title can be changed.
CheckboxesA consent can have up to 22 checkbox options (Other MUST be kept as once this box is checked it requires the Other text field to be have data inputted), which can be renamed and/or reordered to suit your company's needs. Release (red) and Purpose (green) checkboxes - add/remove/edit checkboxes.
Privacy Text and Pre-Auth Text
Special Options (between purpose and disclosure)
Always has Yes/No radio buttons and Dates field. BestNotes can add/remove new lines and edit text at left.
Text before dash - and text after the dash in the revoke dropdown menu (e.g. Verbal - and Written dash in image below). BestNotes can also set the order those should be in.