Lock and/or inactivate a Template:
- Use cases - Inactivate:
- Inactivate - To archive a Template so it can no longer be added to a contact, while preserving all data entered.
- Locking - To prevent unintended changes when opening a Template to review the structure.
- This does not remove the Template's notes / logs from contacts and can still be used for reporting purposes.
- Templates will not be allowed to be deleted if it has been used with any contact.
- Inactive Templates will not be available through Appointments and will have to be manually removed from Appointment Types as needed.
- Click Save when changing a lock / inactivate status:
- Simply unlocking a Template does NOT refresh the window and allow a user to immediately edit the template.
- It has to be saved and re-opened in order to edit a newly unlocked Template.
- Log / Note filter choices will be grouped by Active and Inactive Template titles in:
- General Log
- Activity Log (New Note tab / client chart)
- Group Note History Tab
- Settings > Templates
- NOTE: Group Notes with [GROUP_PARTICIPANTS] at the bottom of content will have their own groupings.
- Titles will have 4 distinct colors:
- Black = Regular, unlocked Template
- Green = Locked Template
- Blue = State Profile Template (More information coming soon)
- Red = System Template (e.g. Reportable Group Notes - aka Incident Reports)
NOTE: Deleted templates cannot be recovered. Please, double check that a template has never been used before deleting. To do this, open the General Log and filter for that template.
If a template has never been used and is no longer needed:
Open Template Builder
Select the template
- Double Click
- Click Edit
On the right side click Delete Template
NOTE: This will remove the Template from your account. BestNotes Support does not recommend this action.
Back to top of page