These are examples and suggestions to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How can I enter grades from another school?
- On the Student's Profile page, click the Academics button
- Click the Reports tab
- Select the Transcript from the Type dropdown list
- Under the grade and Category, click the + icon
- Enter the information, but change the Grade, Possible Credits and Grade Point Override (See Grading Scales at the bottom of the transcript) as needed
- For example, if the student comes in half-way through the semester, enter the grade from the other school, but only enter half the credits and change the Begin (start date) in the class the student will attend
A student needs to withdraw from a class?
- If the student is transferring to another section of the same class use the Transfer button to move all assignments, attendance, etc. to the new class.
- If the student is moving to a completely different class:
- Print the student's Summary report OR Use the Print Screen key (Capture screen) to keep a copy of their current class with assignments, attendance, etc. (NOTE: Change the End date to the last date the student attended that class).
- Enter the grades into another class manually OR upload the Screen Capture (picture or print to PDF) to the student's Files tab for later reference.
A student has a bad (low) grade in a higher class?
- The student needs to have an End Date in that class.
- The student will need to retake the class as needed.
- Enter an End Date & Finalize the grades for the Transcript in all the student's classes.
- Send the parent's a copy in the portal (Globe Icon).
- Click the Enroll button
- Search for the Student
- Change the Start Date for this student only and while in the Enroll Window
- Do NOT remove or end the class (there is no need).
- Go to the Classes tab in the main Academics Admin section.
- Change the Teacher and click Update Section (the grades, start date, period, etc. will stay the same).
- The new teacher can change the Assignments as needed.
I need to upload GED practice test scores and narrative reports on progress or lack thereof?
- Any uploaded items, including GED practice test scores and other narrative reports, are loaded to the Files tab on the student's page.
- A folder for Academics can be created to separate the files from other types of uploads.
- Otherwise, comments can be added to the Progress Report and Report Cards from the student's page -> Academics button -> Reports tab.
How can I tell a student a future GPA?