The following is a list of places that were improved to certify BestNotes for Meaningful Use Stage 2. For more information on Meaningful Use Stage 2, click HERE.
Contacts / Clients
Demographics in Edit Contact Screen
- Mother's Maiden Name text field
Preferred Language dropdown
- Marital Status dropdown
- Communication Preference (Bug fixed)
- Next of Kin
- Relationship checkboxes
- Relationship text field and dropdown menu
- Type a Relationship in the text field OR use the new dropdown menu
- Show Episodes button and screen
- Episode ID is the Contact ID (CID) for each Episode
- ** indicates the current Episode
- Underlined Episode ID's are links to the other Episodes
- You can add a new Episode which opens the Create Contact screen
- Add a Case Number in the Nickname
- You still have to add the Episode as a Related Contact on the Contact's tab.
For companies using the EP Related Contact type, the new contact will still need to be added as a Related Contact on the Contacts tab and mark the EP relationship checkbox (for more information, Click HERE).
- Problem List => Modify can now change the diagnosis to another code set
Initial Treatment (Tx) Plan
Master Treatment (Tx) Plan
- Check associated goal(s) (For more information Click HERE)
- During Diagnosing
- After adding Goals and Objectives
- After the Continuity of Care Document (CCD) is imported, transport or confirm which Meds you want on the Meds tab.
- Reconcile External Meds as needed.
- DrFirst for ePrescribing and Med Allergy regulation (for more information on DrFirst, Click HERE).
- Add Impairment:
- Cognitive (e.g. Dyslexia)
- Functional (e.g. Blindness)
- 2nd login to enter and track non-System Administrator User:
- When you are locked out of BestNotes, all ancillary windows will be locked as well
- For Example:
- Group Notes
- New Notes (templates)
- Ledger Settings
- Calendar settings
- Please, do not close any windows that are locked
- Unlock BestNotes on the main window to Save and safely Log off.
- Direct Email:
- Email for ...
- Direct Email for ...
- Enable CDS - Allows a user to Enable CDS (Clinical Decision Support)
- CDS Admin - Allows a user to view Admin CDS (Clinical Decision Support)
- When a user must access a client's records, who is outside of a user's Access tags, the Emergency Access permission and Settings button will allow a user to do so during an emergency
- This is in compliance with BestNotes becoming Meaningful Use Stage 2 Medicaid certified
- To exit the Emergency Access, a user will be able to return to the original settings at the top-right of the screen
- Race multi-select dropdown in Contact Details screen
- New Special Fields for Templates
- Clinical Decision Support (CDS) §170.314(a)(8)
- Record Smoking Status §170.314(a)(11)
- Family Health History §170.314(a)(13)
- Patient Lists §170.314(a)(14)
- Patient-Specific Education Resources §170.314(a)(15)
- Auditing §170.314(d)(2)
- Patient Amendments §170.314(d)(4)
- Immunization Registries Data Submission §170.314(f)(2)
- Automatic Measurement Calculation §170.314(g)(2)
- Transition of Care Summary §170.314(b)(1)(2)
- Clinical Information Reconciliation §170.314(b)(4)
- Data Portability §170.314(b)(7)
- Patient Ability to Electronically View, Download, and Transmit (VDT) Health Information §170.314(e)(1)
- Clinical Summaries §170.314(e)(2)
- Syndromic Surveillance Data Submission §170.314(f)(3)