To send electronic prescriptions within DrFirst, you will need to have the patient's pharmacy selected. You can save up to five pharmacies for a patient. The following instructions will be executed from DrFirst Patient summary, will show you how to add a pharmacy, and how to add a mail order pharmacy.
Terms to know
- Practice List: contains only those pharmacies located within the first three digits of the practice's ZIP code.
- Favorites List: contains only the pharmacies that the individual user has previously selected to be in his or her favorites list.
- All Lists: contains all available pharmacies in the DrFirst database (default option).
- (C): Indicates the pharmacy accespts controlled substance prescriptions electronically.
- (E): Indicates the pharmacy accepts electronic prescriptions.
- (R): Indicates the pharmacy is a retail pharmacy
- (SP): Indicates the pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy
- (MO): Indicates the pharmacy is a mail order pharmacy
- (24): Indicates the pharmacy is open 24 hours
- (LTC): Indicates the pharmacy is a long term care pharmacy
- (IH): Indicates the pharmacy is an in house dispensing pharmacy
If you have not added a pharmacy, a notification will display at the top of the screen.
- Select "Pharmacy Search" icon within the "Patient" widget.
- Select the pharmacy list you would like to search. See Terms to know for definitions.
- Enter the search criteria for the pharmacy.
- Select "Search".
- This will display a list of pharmacies within your search criteria. Select the row to add the pharmacy to the patient's record. Be sure to verify the pharmacy type, see Terms to know for definitions.
- The pharmacy will now display on the "Patient Info Screen" in the "Pharmacy" drop-down list.
Send to mail order pharmacy
- Select the "Mail Order" option for the pharmacy type.
- Select the desired pharmacy that indicated (MO) within the "Type" column.
- This pharmacy will now display on the "Patient Info Screen" in the "Pharmacy" drop-down list.
Once a pharmacy has been added, you can view pharmacy details by selecting the "View Pharmacy Details" icon.
You can also remove a pharmacy by selecting the "Remove Patient Pharmacy" icon.
Back to top of page