To send electronic prescriptions within DrFirst, you will need to have the patient's pharmacy selected. You can save up to five pharmacies for a patient. The following instructions will be performed in the DrFirst patient summary, will show you how to add a pharmacy, and how to add a mail order pharmacy.
Terms to know
- Practice List: contains only those pharmacies located within the first three digits of the practice's ZIP code.
- Favorites List: contains only the pharmacies that the individual user has previously selected to be in his or her favorites list.
- All Lists: contains all available pharmacies in the DrFirst database (default option).
- (C): Indicates the pharmacy accespts controlled substance prescriptions electronically.
- (E): Indicates the pharmacy accepts electronic prescriptions.
- (R): Indicates the pharmacy is a retail pharmacy.
- (SP): Indicates the pharmacy is a specialty pharmacy.
- (MO): Indicates the pharmacy is a mail order pharmacy.
- (24): Indicates the pharmacy is open 24 hours.
- (LTC): Indicates the pharmacy is a long term care pharmacy.
- (IH): Indicates the pharmacy is an in house dispensing pharmacy.
If you have not added a pharmacy, a notification will display at the top of the screen.
- Select "Pharmacy Search" icon within the "Patient" widget.
- Select the pharmacy list you would like to search. See Terms to know for definitions.
- Enter the search criteria for the pharmacy.
- Select "Search."
- This will display a list of pharmacies within your search criteria. Select the row to add the pharmacy to the patient's record. Be sure to verify the pharmacy type, see section "Terms to know" for definitions.
- The pharmacy will now display on the patient information screen in the "Pharmacy" drop-down list.
Send to mail order pharmacy
- Select the "Mail Order" option for the pharmacy type.
- Select the desired pharmacy that includes (MO) within the "Type" column.
- This pharmacy will now display on the patient information screen in the "Pharmacy" drop-down list.
Once a pharmacy has been added, you can view pharmacy details by selecting the "View Pharmacy Details" icon.
You can also remove a pharmacy by selecting the "Remove Patient Pharmacy" icon.
Save and Close
In order to make sure that all DrFirst data will pull into BestNotes, make sure at the end of each session, you exit DrFirst by selecting the drop-down in the top right corner, and select "Save and Close." This will send the information entered into DrFirst to BestNotes.
Back to top of page