Page Content (click on blue titles):
User Permissions Required (contact your BestNotes System Administrator for user permissions):
This section displays a summary of all classes and sections available in the Academics section. The Classes section is divided into Departments, Classes, and Sections.
|NOTE: Departments and Years can be customized. Please have your onsite System Administrator create a ticket on this website with your needs.|
If you are having trouble seeing the terms for your class, make sure the "Active Year" is set for the year you are editing. Visit Step 1 - Academic Years to set the correct active year.
To add a class to a department:
- Click the Add Class link next to the department.
- Type in a subject and description.
When setting term weights, the user is actually setting the default starting point for all sections added to this class. The Administrator can set four kinds of work and their corresponding weights as well as weights for:
The total weight should equal 100%. For example:
- Home/Classwork : 60
- Quiz/Test : 10
- Project : 10
- Attendance : 5
- Behavior : 5
- Effort : 5
- Participation : 5
When a teacher creates an assignment, they will be asked which section the new assignment falls under. In this area the user must set the term grade which value, when combined with the final exam, should equal 100%.
Set the number of credits that a student can obtain to successfully complete the section(s) under this class. Enter the maximum number of credits possible for each term. IF needed, divide the whole credit number by how many terms.
- If a class has 2 terms for a 1 credit class, enter .5 in the Term Credit Value.
- If a class has 2 terms for a .5 credit class, enter .25 in the Term Credit Value.
When these values have been set, individual sections can then be set for this class.
To add a section to a class:
- Click the Add Section (+Section) link next to the class title.
- Type in a title for the section in the Section Id field.
- Choose an academic year, location, teacher, and period.
- Set the maximum number of seats. (This number can be exceeded, it will simply notify you when the limit is reached.)
- Choose possible substitutes and the days of the week this class meets.
Under the Terms section be sure to check all terms this section will be taught. Within this section the user can adjust the class weights (the weights that appear here have been inherited from the class setup). Type in an objective and assign the credit value of this section. The default setup in this window will be applied to all students enrolled in this section.
NOTE: Information can be changed in the Terms section on a student by student basis.
To enroll a student in a section:
- Click on the Manage Enrollment icon found to the right of each section.
- Click the Add Studentbutton.
- Search for the student to add to this class.
- Ensure all terms the student will be enrolled in have been checked.
- Amend any of the default settings as needed.
- Click the Enroll Now button at the bottom of the page.
Enrolling a student in a class can also be done from the student's face page by clicking on the Academics tab.