Here are a few suggestions for gathering a signature.
Method one: Use the built in tool of Adobe Reader to have the Physician create a signature, sign the documentation needed then have the file uploaded to BestNotes.
- Pros: Free, works quickly and easily
- Cons: Ties the doctor to a single computer unless they go through the process of setting up their signature on multiple computers.
Method two: Use a third-party tool like www.hellosign.com to have the files uploaded and signed by the doctor.
- Pros: Web-based so doctors can sign from anywhere
- Cons: Cost can increase significantly based on number of documents that need a signature.
Method three: Upload the file in BestNotes. Have a designated template that is completed by the staff who uploaded the file. This template would give the name of the uploaded file(s), have a statement that the Dr. has reviewed these files, and then place the signature. This template would then require the signature of the doctor in the For Review.
- Pros: Everything is done in BestNotes.
- Cons: Dr must go to client's page and filter for uploaded files to find the names listed in the note. Dr is not signing the note directly only a proxy note saying that he has.
Back to top of page