- Data is encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Critical transactions within BestNotes are captured in real-time and nightly.
- Full database backups are performed nightly, and each backup is stored at a secondary location for 90 consecutive days.
- Application and database servers are redundant for failover and backup purposes.
- BestNotes servers are hosted on a secured network protected by a firewall. For more information visit the Google Cloud website.
- Third-party services are by subscription only via developed integrations (i.e. DrFirst for e-Prescribing).
- BestNotes is a SOC II certified company (2013). We will pursue renewal with BestNotes Fresh.
For suggestions on how BestNotes can supplement your own disaster recovery plan, see our Disaster recovery page.
Secure your user accounts
For more information relating to security policies and protection of electronic information, see:
US Government information
- Summary of HIPAA Security Rule
- Protected health information (PHI)
- Protected health information (PHI) PDF
If you have any further questions, contact BestNotes support or call (866) 543-6646.
Back to top of page