Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I setup a series?
- How do I edit my instances?
- How do I add more questionnaires to my library?
- Can you create a custom questionnaire for me?
- Can you add a pain assessment and a nutrition assessment to OutcomeTools?
- What is the link to our company's kiosk URL to deliver questionnaires on the iPad?
- How do I signup for OQ Measures?
- Does OutcomeTools have any alerts when a survey is completed?
- How do I reset a series?
- How do I auto-dismiss expired questionnaires?
- Can OutcomeTools be accessed from a browser?
- My related contacts are not showing up in OutcomeTools to assign questionnaires to. How do I pull related contacts into OutcomeTools?
- If I am using OutcomeTools Series, and I have multiple BestNotes programs such as Detox, and Residential, I can not tie the series to the program. How do I maintain an automated series when using multiple programs.
How do I setup a series?
Series must be created by BestNotes Support. To initiate this setup, submit a ticket detailing the surveys and time frames that you would like the surveys delivered.
How do I edit my instances?
Instances can be customized to your company needs. You can type your own instance into the "Instance" field each time. To add additional drop-down options to the "Instance" field, submit a ticket detailing the drop-down options you would like added to BestNotes Support.
If typing your own instances, be sure to be consistent with the naming of instances across clients for reporting purposes. Typing in your own instances only applies one time. You must submit a ticket to BestNotes Support to add the option to the drop-down.
How do I add more questionnaires to my library?
To request additional questionnaires, submit a ticket detailing the questionnaires you would like to have added to BestNotes Support. You can find a list of available questionnaires in our Questionnaire library.
Can you create a custom questionnaire for me?
Customized questionnaire requirements.
Can you add a pain assessment and a nutrition assessment to OutcomeTools?
It is considered best practice to complete the pain assessments and nutrition screening from the Med/Clinical section of BestNotes. These questions may already be included in your documentation, if further assistance is needed, submit a ticket to BestNotes Support.
What is the link to our company's kiosk URL to deliver questionnaires on the iPad?
The company kiosk/iPad URL can be found on the "Account Settings" tab on your Master Dashboard (see Figure 1-1). Once you have accessed the "Account Settings" you will see the "Kiosk URL" within the "Account Details" (See Figure 1-2). The "Account Settings" tab will only be available for Level 5 OutcomeTools users.
Figure 1-1. Account Settings.
Figure 1-2. Kiosk URL.
How do I signup for OQ Measures?
OQ Measures are licensed questionnaires that have an annual subscription. To sign up to use OQ Measures, you can start the signup process for access by filling out our OQ®-Analyst Software License Application & Order Form (OT).
Does OutcomeTools have any alerts when a survey is completed?
OutcomeTools does not have any active alerts that pop up on a staff member's screen. The best location to see what surveys are due is by navigating to the Master Dashboard. Displayed there is a running list of surveys that are due in the next seven days or by the time designated in the drop-down.
When in BestNotes, on the OutcomeTools tab, you will find a list of pending questionnaires for each client.
How do I reset a series?
The two types of series that are available to use are "Static" and "Recurring" series. A recurring series can only be inactivated or reactivated. A static series can be reset.
Reset a static series
- Select the "Client Details" tab.
- Select the series that you would like to reset.
- Select the checkbox "Reset Series." This will reassign questionnaires with new dates if there has been an admit date change.
- Any questionnaires that have already been assigned may need to be dismissed if they are pending.
Inactivate a recurring series
- Select the "Client Details" tab.
- Select the recurring series that you would like to reset.
- Unselect the checkbox "Active Series." This will stop all future instances of the series.
How do I auto-dismiss expired questionnaires?
When questionnaires are assigned, by default they are open for a seven day time period. At the end of that time frame the questionnaire will expire. If you would like to remove the questionnaire from the list, you must select "Dismiss." A company can also set an auto-dismiss to specified number of days. On the "Account Settings" tab (Level 5 users only), select the "Edit" button. This will bring up a screen that will allow you to set the number of days to auto-dismiss a questionnaire after a questionnaire has expired.
Can OutcomeTools be accessed from a browser?
Logging in from a browser should not be done unless you have already added the client from BestNotes to OutcomeTools. This will guarantee that all of your clients surveys are connected to BestNotes as well as OutcomeTools.
- Navigate to outcometools.com.
- The "Login" button will be located in the upper right hand corner.
- Select the "Login" button and enter your username and password. The username is the email address connected to your BestNotes and OutcomeTools account.
Your password can be set from OutcomeTools in the "Manage Users" tab.
My related contacts are not showing up in OutcomeTools to assign questionnaires to. How do I pull related contacts into OutcomeTools?
Related contacts will automatically be added into OutcomeTools when you click the "Add Client" button from BestNotes, if the related contact in BestNotes has the "PG" or "OT" checkbox in the relationship area.
If the related contact was added, or the relationship checkboxes are selected after the client was initially added to OutcomeTools, you may have to open the "Edit Client" screen and select "Save" for the data to refresh in OutcomeTools.
If I am using OutcomeTools Series, and I have multiple BestNotes programs such as Detox, and Residential, I can not tie the series to the program. How do I maintain an automated series when using multiple programs.
If you are using series to deliver surveys and are offering different levels of care, you may want to measure your clients at different levels of care. As a client moves through levels of care, they receive a new admit date. In order to continue using series within OutcomeTools, you must create a new client by selecting the "Add Episode" button.
Adding a new episode will create a new client and allow you to start a new series for the next level of care. Once the new client is created, you can categorize the client into the respective group on their Authorized Groups. Then you can filter by each individual episode of care on your average scores report using the Group/Location dropdown.
Back to top of page